WYA North America is currently accepting requests for enrollment in the
Online Fall Training Program
Course Start Date: October 1st, 2011
Course End Date: December 16th, 2011
Offered to provide in-depth training to young leaders, this online training program requires an intensive commitment on behalf of our members. Training is a prerequisite for international internships and United Nations conference participation and is the gateway to further understanding of the principles of WYA and a deeper involvement with the organization. Accredited members build the Alliance by introducing and training other young people to the WYA foundational ideas.
The training will cover:
- Philosophy of the human person
- Freedom, solidarity, and culture as universal manifestations of our intrinsic dignity
- Movements and individuals who have shaped history
- International documents and institutions
- Key issues at the international level including global health development
The goals of the online training program are to help members understand and analyze today’s most pressing issues from the perspective of human dignity, freedom and solidarity; to promote and defend policies centered on the dignity of the human person at international and national levels; and to foster a culture of life in all activities and actions of our members.
Eligible candidates will be:
- A WYA member. You can become a member by signing the charter
- Residing in the region of North America (United States and Canada).
- Fluent in English
Chapter 1: Foundational History–October 7, 2011
Chapter 2: Human Dignity–Octoer 21, 2011
Chapter 3: Freedom–November 4, 2011
Chapter 4: Solidarity–November 11,2011
Chapter 5: Culture–November 25, 2011
Chapter 6: History of Ideas–December 2, 2011
Chapter 7: International Law and Human Rights–December 16, 2011
Email Emily Matich at email@example.com by October 1st. The first assignment deadline for the course will be on October 7th…so sign up as soon as possible!